Monday, September 17, 2012

Hester & Pearl

Monday, September 17, 2012
Hester & Pearl is a Long Island-based baked goods business run by Fran and Emily Spada.  Their shop, launched earlier this month, offers brownies, bars, cookies and breads. Emily, who also runs a jewelry business, and her mom started the shop in hopes of developing branding and raising funds for their future brick and mortar shop on Long Island. Never having purchased food from Etsy, I didn't know how things typically went, but sitting here writing this now with a mouth full of cinnamon cake... I'm impressed.


I ordered the Cinnamon Cake Squares after much internal debate (as the pumpkin bread looked really good,too). They were shipped out quickly and arrived at my door this afternoon.


I was impressed by the packaging. Everything was completely intact and looked pretty. All the cakes were individually wrapped in wax paper - preventing me from eating a thousand in one sitting. I plan on taking one to classes with me, so the packaging is perfect.


Eh. Look at it. They were absolutely delicious. The cake was moist (can someone come up with a better word though...'moist' is sick, but these were so tasty). The cinnamon, chocolate and walnuts on top were crunchy and sweet but not too sweet. I think I made the right choice. Although I'm sure everything in that shop is just as good.




Everything was so cohesive. I definitely recommend giving their shop a look. And it'll probably be difficult to leave without being tempted.

---------

Stalk Hester & Pearl here:

6 comments:

  1. YOU'RE AMAAAAAZING! I love this post so much. Thanks for the incredible photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I browsed there and couldn't decided whether to get the pumpkin bread or these. I'm still trying to make a decision. These look so good. Ugh, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woaahh looks absolutely DELISH. I am so uncertain about etsy food shopping but it's a REALLY cool concept - good to know that it does work!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm these look amazing! Reading this post made me so hungry!
    xx Chantal

    http://pony-chops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Everything looks awesome! I'm drooling, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely scrumptious!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete