Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Thursday, July 19, 2012
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

First sentence: "It happened every year, was almost a ritual."

I'm going to be completely honest here, as I always aim to be. I didn't find this book to be any sort of literary wonder. The story was fantastic - kept me reading into the wee hours of the morning. None of the words struck me as noteworthy, however. I didn't wish I had a pad of paper to record some gem. So I'm not going to force anything. I do, however, recommend this if you like mystery. It's a great mystery.

Last sentence: *A bit of a spoiler.

Next up: House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

6 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this book! I will have to check it out! Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me ha encantado tu blog, desde hoy te sigo! te invitoa pasar por el mío y si te gusta te espero como seguidora :) muak guapa
    http://imagenshopper.com

    MªJosé Fdez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read this book nor have I seen this movie. I'm behind on the times, apparently.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystery books intrigue me. Maybe i'll read it one time. Thanks for the recommendation.

    keep in touch :)
    -Joyce

    Do you like beauty products?
    We're holding a giveaway @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kirsten! You read so much! I still haven't even seen the movie of this story.

    Hope your weekend was great and your week is even better! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel exactly the same way about this book. I had seen the movie first and liked the story, so I decided to give the trilogy a chance. I read the first book really quickly but didn't enjoy neither the style nor the language. But I thought it was because I already knew the story. Then I read the second book and I was really disappointed - nothing seemed plausible anymore, the story went completely imaginary and the style was definitely boring. I didn't get to book number three, but I'm definitely watching the movies (if they make 2 more) :)
    xxx,
    Lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete