Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pets and Updates

Tuesday, July 3, 2012
So a lot has been happening this past week. There was a pretty destructive storm that passed through Indiana and left most of my city without power (including our apartment). So sewed projects were on hold, our food slowly spoiled, showers had to be taken in the dark (making the typical Psycho fear even stronger) and it was basically unlivable in the heat department (yeah yeah electricity is taken for granted). Luckily my parents had power so Casey and I packed up some stuff and Goose and headed over.


All is well now. The power came back on at about 6 pm on Sunday, so we packed everything back up and went home. A lot of people are still without power (including my local post office). I'm not a fan of my routines being tampered with, so I was a bit stressed, but it was nice to see my dogs.


(I try. I try so hard to get beautiful pictures of Jezzebelle. She IS a cute dog. Anyone will tell you she's cute. But I fail and fail at capturing it in pictures. I get stuff like this. What is this? Every picture I take of Mowgli is golden, but then I go to Jezzebelle and I get this.)

That's all for now. I finished Peter Pan, so I'll post on that soon. I'm also working on some new collections for iPod/iPhone cases. AND trying to get some new pencil cases in the shop (I got a TON of awesome new fabric). I also need to restock the Firefly before too much time passes, so I have my work cut out for me.

One other update: I got into my first juried craft show! I was a little nervous about being denied, but I got an e-mail a few days ago saying I'm in! I feel pretty honored.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I think Goose and I need to be best friends.

    Mowgli can join too.
    And I guess Jezzebelle can join in on the fun, even with half shut eyes. Who am I to judge?

    the end.

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Kirsten! I'm so sorry storms destroyed the area where you live :(. And it's true, we totally take some things for granted ... electricity, internet, water ...

    Your pets look all very cute! Including Jezzebelle, haha! Maybe she doesn't want to be photographed for free :p.

    Hope your week's off to a great start! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'd forgotten to say congrats on having been selected to be in the craft fair! ;D When is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the craft show!! I'm excited for you. I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible storms in your area. You killed me with cuteness with the photos in this post.

    ReplyDelete