Monday, June 4, 2012

My Birthday!

Monday, June 4, 2012
I turned 21 yesterday! For my birthday my mom took me on a little overnight trip to Orland Park, Illinois. Random destinations are our thing. She found good shopping and nature-y things, so it was perfect. The picture above shows a few goodies I got. I didn't really get pictures from my party because it was a really lazy laid-back day.

click images to see bigger versions

But I do have a few pictures from my mom's and my Orland Park adventures. We stopped to get some drinks and I saw this sign. I laughed so hard. I kept laughing all the way up until I realized it says "Racing Gas" and not "Raging Gas."
+
We saw BABY BUFFALO! I really love bison, as you can see here, and my mom found a bison farm in Hobart, Indiana. They weren't running tours, but they had two babies out back. They were the cutest things in the world. The woman let them suck her fingers and said we could too but I was too much of a pussywillow. I wish I'd gotten more/better pictures and videos of these two. We plan on going back soon.
+
We also spent a lot of time looking for birds. Duh. We went to a marsh and walked along this road for quite a bit. We saw a deer! My timing was just awful, so I captured no wildlife whatsoever.



I hope everyone else's weekends went as smoothly as mine. This week I plan on updating the shop with yet another new item (hopefully I perfect the pattern soon) and doing some hiking with a friend, so expect updates! And I'm still working on the blog, so again, if it looks weird, just pretend it doesn't. That's the easiest way. Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kirsten! Awe, happy belated birthday!!! ;D You got really neat presents! And how cool you got to spend the day with your mom surrounded by pretty animals! :P

    I also LOVE the blog revamp; great job! ;D

    Hope your week's off to a great start!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got such great presents, I love The Bell Jar SO much, although it did make me think I was going a little crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your new blog design!! It loads SO much faster and looks really great. I also love your cat eye sunglasses. They are a weakness of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! My weekend was a little nuts. This weekend will be nuts again, but in a good way. Good nuts.

    That's what she said.

    ReplyDelete