Monday, June 18, 2012

Meet Goose!

Monday, June 18, 2012
We have a new addition!
Last week was a bit of a whirlwind of awful. I'll keep it short, because I aim neither to relive nor attract sympathy: Louie Petunia passed away, Casey and I bought a baby guinea pig who we named Boris and he died a few days later, we adopted two hamsters who ended up fighting like crazy and attacking us, took them back...

BUT THEN: we bought Boris' brother: Goose. I'm obsessed with him. I've had four guineas in my time and he is, by far, the youngest. So tiny!




I want it to rain in Indiana so the grass'll be less straw-y and I can let him roam in the backyard. We're also searching for the perfect home for him. Right now he's in a makeshift cage. More updates later!

Of course he'll make many an appearance in the future.
Hope everyone's doing well! I've got some post ideas in the works!

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww!!!!! He's adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kirsten! I'm sorry you had to go through all that! :( It must have been super tough. But I'm happy to know you have Goose now; he's a true cutie! ;)

    I had a Guinea Pig named Eddie that my dad found by the river. We had him for over 3 years and he made us all happy. It's amazing how smart they can be! He talked every time we got home and even learned to interact with our cat at the time :).

    Hope you're having a great week! Hugs to you and Goose! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your awful week, but it's over now, you got through it & came out with the cutest guinea pig! I'm normally not a fan of guinea pigs, but Goose is the cutest little thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I just found your blog as I was searching nail polish racks of all things. Saw that you crochet and have a guinea pig (I have 4) and thought I'd read a bit. Did you find a space for Goose to live in? Ours live in a C&C cage which is basically a home built cage out of those square idea cubes, zip ties and coroplast. They are pretty easy to construct and you can make them to whatever size you want. Here's a link so you know what I'm talking about: http://www.guineapigcages.com/types.htm

    Oh! Here's some tutorials (in german but I just use Google translate to read them, however the pictures are good enough without the translation) to make tunnels and beds since you like to sew: http://www.spikeskleinewelt.de/Kuschelecke.html

    Thanks for the idea to make my own polish wall rack and good luck with Goose (he's a cutie!)

    ReplyDelete