Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Matilda

Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Matilda by Roald Dahl

First sentence: "It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers."

-These are all quotes by Miss Trunchbull. This may be shameful to say, but she's my favorite character. I love the things she says.-

Quote #1: "Why are all these women married?"

Quote #2: "Small people should never be seen by anybody. They should be kept out of sight in boxes like hairpins and buttons. I cannot for the life of me see why children have to take so long to grow up. I think they do it on purpose."

Quote #3: My idea of a perfect school, Miss Honey, is one that has no children at all."

Last sentence: *It's kind of a spoiler. You'll have to read to find out!


One of my absolute favorite movies as a kid (and even now) was/is Matilda. I realize most of my favorite movies were originally books by Roald Dahl. I'd only read a handful of his books growing up, so I felt it proper to read them all now. I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a few months ago and found Matilda while buying a book for a friend. Definitely worth the $1.99. Read it!


Next up: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

6 comments:

  1. Awe, I didn't know the movie was based on a book by Roald Dahl! I thought it was really sad, haha. I mean I liked it, but you know, her mother, oh, my!

    Btw, you should totally get the cookie cutters! ;P I included the link in my post. If you don't get it, I'll bake some cookies for you and ship them ;).

    Hope you're having a great week, Kirsten! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matilda was my fave book when I was a kid! I didn't know there was a movie based on the book, def have to go check it out now. & The Bell Jar is a GREAT book, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matilda was one of my favorites when I was younger. It's such a good book & movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to comment on this post last night from my phone but that was NOT happening. Boo.

    I love Matilda movie too, and every time I hear the song from the end of the movie when Matilda rolls out the rug with Miss Honey, my first thoughts are of that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that book. I also really like the movie, it's cute. So cute. Oh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all honesty I have never read any of them, but know i should have really, maybe when i have kids of my own!

    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography
    My Hub Pages

    ReplyDelete