Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In Color Order

Tuesday, June 26, 2012
I was cleaning out my sewing shelves a few days ago (I'll admit they're already messed up again...ehg) and I was putting things in order and figured it'd make an interesting post. At least I enjoy color order.


This box has actually stood the test of a few days and still looks nice. I wanted to color order my fabric, but that was a huge disaster. I have such problems keeping that clean. I've tried everything. If anyone has good fabric organizing ideas (I've folded, I've rolled around boards, I've put in bins) I'd love to hear them!


I put all my zippers out and organized them and then... shoved them back in the box I had them in. I've got a great little fa├žade of Martha Stewart up on this blog. Don't believe it. Because I'm horribly messy when I want to be.



This is a picture of a true feat. I used to have 2.5 of these organizers full of buttons. Full of buttons I never touched. I was able to shave my collection down to a third of an organizer. Now these buttons can go untouched for awhile.


My embellishments "plastic." I only use a couple of the beads but thought the multi-colored ones were too pretty.

Update: my sewing machine (which was being worked on) is done! I'm going to pick it up today. Thank heaven. Hopefully I'll get some new stuff in the shop soon! Have a great week, everyone!

And let me know if you're obsessed with "color order" like me! (I JUST managed to pull myself away from color-organizing my books. I figured author order was more practical. Meh)

7 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm totally a sucker for organized supplies and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love love love color, especially when it's arranged so perfectly like this. This is one of the main reasons why I love your blog- you're incredibly organized! You should do a post on organizational tips, I definitely could use the help (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally am obsessed w colour coordination, i go to a specific value village because they make a rainbow of their shirts on the rack =) its magical. and this is wonderful!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so organized!!!!!!!!! I wish my sewing kit and buttons and ribbon collection can look like that... > <

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crazy organized! I love how colorful it looks all laid out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe! Love to see color all organized! :P And don't get annoyed by the fact that everything gets unorganized so often! That's because you're using your supplies which is great ;D.

    Hope you're having a fun day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I've never organized my beads in color order because I have too many different kinds and it's just too overwhelming...I'm glad your sewing machine is back in business!

    ReplyDelete