Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy June!

Saturday, June 2, 2012
Hi. It's safe to say I'm not in the habit of writing much lately. With school out and my focus shifting to sewing/crocheting instead of blogging, the only writing I do is list-making. And that takes no finesse. I've been your usual hermit crab lately. I've spent a lot of time alone sewing or outside bird watching (doesn't that just make me sound crazy? There's something about "bird watching" that just slaps a label on someone.) and trying to get my white skin to do something different than be stark white. I felt like I needed to get back into the habit of actually putting words together. But I resist.

So here's a list (rhyme time):
+ Those are baby robins in the picture! And I've got a post coming all about them.
+ I'm in the slow process of re-doing my blog, so if it looks wonky at times, you know why.
+ I turn 21 tomorrow! June 3rd is the day of my birth and I look forward to lemon bars.
+ Expect more posts this month than last month. I've got a lot to show you.

It feels more natural making lists. I was always critiqued in my writing in school. And it was always about moving from sentence to sentence and paragraph to paragraph gracefully. I don't like fluff (even in plush - I prefer rags). So choppy lists work better for me. This doesn't translate in being the world's best blogger, but who reads words anyway? At least I have cute bird babes.

This is just a weird one.
Anyway, I'm going to go enjoy nature junk and then celebrate my birthday.
I hope everyone's doing well, done with or wrapping up classes, and enjoying the heat.

3 comments:

  1. Happy 21st Birthday! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Kirsten! I hope you gave a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, my friend! I hope you have a great day. I like your list, and I look forward to seeing these posts!! xo

    ReplyDelete