Sunday, May 13, 2012

Organizing My Sewing Box

Sunday, May 13, 2012
Shameful. As someone who longs to be the next Martha Stewart, this sewing box deserves to be burned. I found this quilted-looking pink sewing box at an antique store in ...some small Indiana town one summer. It came with a few antique sewing things and I managed to stuff it with a bunch of other junk and ruin it's beauty over the years.


So I dumped it. I took a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (godsent witchery) to the out and inside and decided to make it perfect.


These are my favorite kind of pictures. Always inspired by the Ikea cookbook, I feel the need to do this with everything I clean. So there you have it. The innards of my sewing box. A lot of it I rarely use, but love having because it's old and cool. The little sewing kit at the top says it's from "West Germany," which I find cool. The thimbles and needles are from my late grandma's sewing kit. Other things were accumulated over the 20 or so years I've been fascinated with all things textile.



Then, of course, I had to put it all back. Neatly. I know it won't stay this pristine, but then I can always do another organization post. I've got a few more in the works, as I'm unhappy with the status of my nail polish collection (YES I've been wanting to do a post on that for millions of years), my felt stash, fabric stash and more.

Also, I've been searching for some new blogs to check out. I get a lot more hits on my blog than I thought I did, so readers of 909, make yourselves known! I'd love to have better communication with people and read what you have to write/see what you love to take pictures of too!

Happy mother's day/Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Hi.
    Oh wait.
    you already know me.
    Nevermind then.

    ps. I love the organizational photos too. Especially with food ingredients. weirdos unite. - insert some sort of hand signal -

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your stuff all neatly organized is so rewarding ;). And oh, I love that cookbook, too!

    Hope you had a great weekend and are ready to start another week with a huge smile! ;D

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how organized it looks! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this with my beads a couple of months ago. It was a huge process but it had to be done. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kirsten! It's me again ;); just popping in to wish you a great week! ;D

    ReplyDelete