Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Requested Kikwis

Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Last month my friend Patrick e-mailed me about making some plushes for him. He's my favorite person to make things for because of his love of anime. I don't claim to know much about anime, but I follow his blog and think everything's so awesome, so it's fun learning about the characters and figuring out how to make them. These Kikwis are from Zelda (which I did play waaaaaay-hay-hay back in the day on the old Gameboys).


{He wanted one for his girlfriend and one for himself.}


The biggest difficulty was the backside, but I figured out a way to incorporate the "growth." If you're curious what they truly look like, click here for the image I used. 


This project inspired me to start working on some plushes for the shop. I've got a few drawings on my new pattern book, so hopefully those will pop up in the future!


Here's Patrick and his girlfriend with all their plushes. I made the two Kikwis (obviously) and the cat in the middle back. :]


Are there any animals or characters you think would make cute plushes? I want to step outside the box (which is overflowing with bears and cats).

9 comments:

  1. Awe, they look exactly the same as in the photo! Great job! Your friend must be thrilled! ;)

    Happy Tuesday, Kirsten! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE! You are very talented. I'm going to thinking of all the adorable plushies you could make! :)

    --Amanda
    http://anthropomorphity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh haha these are fantastic!! LOVE them!
    If I were you I'd go down the totally do like different breeds of dogs - I can just imagine an adorable plush pug done in this style! (But then again I'm obsessed with pugs so don't take my word for it....)

    :)
    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - these are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! My boyfriend will go crazy if he sees one of these! They are super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are far too cute. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete