Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eagle Marsh

Sunday, March 4, 2012
Two Saturdays ago the weather was so nice (leaving frigidness out of it) that Becky my mom and I decided to go see if we could find the eagles at Eagle Marsh.


We didn't see any birds, but we found a whole lot of nests. My mom thought it was a blue heron rookery, but the nests looked too small.


Though we didn't see birds, we found a new place to explore once the weather's better. And I put my waterproof boots to use.


Yesterday the three of us did have luck in seeing eagles. We went back to Salamonie reservoir (in Huntington). I feel like this blog is slowly turning into a bird blog. Which is really strange because just last year I had an aversion to the outdoors. It was one of my 2011 resolutions to spend more time outside. I suppose I'm fulfilling that promise this year.

I have a few blog posts planned that aren't bird related. I'm officially on spring break so I'll get some time to MAKE STUFF and READ THE TONS OF BOOKS I'VE PURCHASED IN THE LAST MONTH and PAINT MY NAILS.

Check out the shop: the clearance section has been added to like crazy. My February lull has already been broken a bit in March, but I want some of this stuff out of my apartment, so prices are LOW. Shop here.

On another note, I'm looking for more blogs to read. So if you're a reader with a blog, leave a comment! Let's be blog friends. I want to get some more interaction on here!


Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. New favicon? Very nice :D I haven't enjoyed the outdoors too much lately...I should just take my camera and go walk around. These pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kirsten! What a beautiful place to live in! ;)

    Hope you're getting ready to have a great week! ;D Thank you so much for dropping by!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit and see the eagles. That has to be the most amazing and beautiful sight to see. The wonderful thing about this being your blog. . .is you can blog about whatever you like. So, nail polish and birds is just fine :)

    ReplyDelete