Thursday, January 26, 2012

Apartment Tour: The Kitchen

Thursday, January 26, 2012
I realized a few weeks ago that I'd been neglecting my "Apartment Tour" series. Since Casey and I have been tossing around the idea of moving over the summer - maybe even into a house(!!!) - I figured I needed to post about all the rooms in our current apartment - as memory. I've done the living room,  my (outdated) desk area, and my recent desk area, so next stop? The kitchen.


It's a pretty cramped space for someone who loves to cook (Casey) and someone who loves to bake (me), but I think we've arranged it accordingly.


There isn't a whole lot to say about a space so small. When Casey moved in it was DIM. The light was withholding and a total bitch. For some reason it really didn't occur to us to switch the bulb until about 2 weeks ago. It really feels like a whole new kitchen now. When you live in a humble apartment, tiny things make a huge difference. Like our new couch.


Our refrigerator is a bore. I never really thought about it, but one clad in magnets and - for lack of a better word - "shit", really does make a difference. Maybe I should look for some magnets.


The knife set was courtesy of Casey's brother Frank. The spice rack, courtesy of my mom. Definitely two things Casey uses more than me.

I'd show you inside the cabinets and drawers, but I don't very much care about what's in your cabinets and drawers, so I'm assuming you don't care to see mine. Maybe if we get a house and I outdo Martha Stewart when it comes to organization I'll do that. Until then...


Have a great Thursday night!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Classic I love your little spice rack and the door handles on the cabinet doors :) !


    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The overhead light in my room at my apartment is in this glass piece thing. For TWO YEARS I thought it was just really dim in there when I turned on the light. Then the lightbulb went out. When I went to change the lightbulb, I discovered that there should have been TWO in there and not the one. There was only one lightbulb in there! For two whole years I went with less light than I should have had!

    ReplyDelete