Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NOTM (#31) and a Christmas Tag

Tuesday, December 20, 2011
OPI - Alpine Snow (3 coats)

This is probably the only white nail polish I've owned that applied opaque in less than 255,875,239 coats. So that's saying something. Luckily I'm not so pale that my nails completely blend into my skin.

So tonight I'm sitting here in my living room. ALL the presents are made and wrapped. ALL my schoolwork is done and my grades are out (totally boosted my GPA this semester). ALL my cleaning and Etsy work is complete. I'm a bit tired and want to do something a little different.

I'm going to do a Christmas tag! I found this on YouTube, but I'll bring it to the blogs (as I'm sure many already have). Stolen from beautycrush:

The Christmas Tag

1. What's your favorite holiday movie?
This is kind of difficult for me. I am a pretty intense Christmas appreciator. Let's categorize my favorites, shall we? My favorite of the classic claymation ones is Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. My favorite from my childhood is Santa Claus with Tim Allen. AND my all-time favorite is A Christmas Story. If I absolutely had to choose one it would be A Christmas Story, because I must watch it every year and have good memories associated with it. LONG WINDED ANSWERS.

2. What's your favorite Christmas color?
Hm. I suppose white. Snow is white. And white Christmases are the best kind of Christmases.

3. Do you like to stay in your PJs or dress up for Christmas?
Well, in my family, we all stay in our PJs. We're not terribly tight-knit with our extended family so we stay at home and spend the whole day just us, so there's no need to be dressing up. 

4. If you could only buy one person a present, who would it be?
Meh. I guess I'd have to say my mom. She does so much for me throughout the year and spends the most time getting the perfect presents for me. Plus she's the easiest to shop for. (Sorry, Casey. I'M your present, right?)

5. Do you open your presents on Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
We've always been allowed to open one on Christmas eve. But the rest wait until the morning.


6. Have you ever built a gingerbread house?
Actually, no. Not that I can remember at least. I have an aversion to getting my hands sticky. And that just sounds like a messy process. PLUS gingerbread's pretty gross.

7. What do you like to do on Christmas break?
Okay. I'll refrain from lies. I literally like to organize. I clean out my room and make room for the new things... then I make a list of everything and put them in their new places. I also enjoy a good eating session, bout with Pokemon video games (as Christmas break typically gives me ample time to build the best team) and spend time with friends. WHICH I am doing tomorrow. I'm really excited. Katie Kristin and I are driving up to Frankenmuth, Michigan. More on that later this week.

8. Any Christmas wishes?
This question makes me think of the worst Christmas song ever.

9. Favorite Christmas smell?
Most smells associated with Christmas are so heavy. Blergh. I have an Evergreen & Cedar candle burning on my desk right now. I bought it because Casey and I have a fake tree. I like that smell. So, that.

10. Favorite Christmas meal or treat?
Becky's scones. She makes them for Thanksgiving and Christmas and they are almost all I eat all day.


11. What are you doing for the holidays this year?
This is actually my first Christmas not living at home with my family. However, it shouldn't be too different. I'm going home early in the morning and spending the day there. The only real difference is that Casey will be joining us. His mom (a nurse) works on Christmas.

12. What's your favorite holiday drink?
Uh. I drink egg nog on Christmas day. I wouldn't even say I like it... it's just what's done on Christmas. But this year I've actually purchased Starbucks drinks. I have to say that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is HORRIBLY overrated, but the Peppermint Mocha is pretty delicious.

13. Candy cane or gingerbread men?
Candy canes. Hands down.

14. What's your favorite Christmas song?
According to my iTunes count... Vince Guaraldi Trio's O Tannenbaum.

15. What's the weirdest gift you've ever received?
Yams. A can of Bruce's yams. Katie's the best gift-giver ever.



16. Have you ever made a snowman?
HAH! I live in Indiana and scoff at this question.

17. What's your winter fragrance?
Harajuku Lover's Music.

18. What is at the top of your Christmas list?
Take a guess. Obviously I asked for nail polish. But honestly one of the things I'm most excited for is the set of Prismacolor colored pencils I asked for. Not that I draw or anything, I just love colored pencils and those are so fancy.

19. What is most important to you about the holidays?
My family/friends. All my friends come home from college, my family gets in the same room for more than 15 minutes at a time and everyone's so happy. It's just the most wonderful time of the year, okay?




My paper chain only has a few chains on it! I'm definitely excited. I'm sorry for the crappy updating I've been doing. But I've got Frankenmuth to talk about later this week.

If you do this tag, let me know! I'd love to read yours. 


Happy Tuesday night! 


3 comments:

  1. I just did it. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do this on Friday after my last final. BLEH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of organizing to do also. My room is such a mess since I temporarily moved back home.

    ReplyDelete