Wednesday, November 23, 2011

White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies

Wednesday, November 23, 2011
I finally got the materials together to blog about the brownies! I've made two batches now so I've worked out the kinks and eaten my fair share. I've included the recipe in the post so others can try it too.


Full disclosure: I am not a good recipe maker. My mom cursed me. We aren't the best at coming up with recipes on our own, but I'm learning to FOLLOW them successfully. No deviations, no problem. Maybe one day I'll learn to tweak and make my own things. Click here if you want to see the recipe close up.


I hesitated to include this picture because it shows that I'm not always perfectly clean and organized. I make giant messes while working - both in the kitchen and with my shop. But you can rest assured it was cleaned up quickly after.


The brownies themselves came out amazing. The first batch was a bit too gooey, but I think I fixed that in the next batch (which is currently waiting in the kitchen for Casey to take to his mom's tomorrow).


I managed to melt the white chocolate (I used chips instead of chopped chunks) evenly. This recipe seemed soooo simple. But the end product looks so damn fancy.


A tip: there has to be a perfect middle time to put on the peppermint chips...the first time I put them on too soon and they melted into the chocolate (I didn't use actual peppermint hard candy like the recipe called for - I found soft Andes peppermint chunks that looked easier). This time I put them on too late and just roll around on top. I'm too scared to warm it up because the peppermint chocolate chips will melt too...so yeah. Find that middle ground and you're good.

I've got on more batch of these to make for the Renz Thanksgiving tomorrow and then I have to find a recipe for some Christmas baking. Definitely let me know if you try this recipe!

And have an amazing Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Yummmmm! These sound so good.... I might have to try them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. these look so yummy. want to send some to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually a fan of white chocolate, but this looks really good...

    ReplyDelete