Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What's the antonym for "procrastinate"?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011
I was and continue to be that annoying kid who's never had issues with procrastination. I always got homework assignments and special projects done way early. Yeah yeah, I know, you hate me. I'm a loser nerd. But now that I'm 20 and in college it comes in handy. With juggling classes, my shop, taking care of an apartment and now Christmas...I love my anti-procrastination. My mom and I went to Darlington Farms, which in Fort Wayne is an outlet Christmas shopping warehouse. We go there for wrapping paper.


I found two perfect rolls. Each for only $1.59! I got a holiday-neutral snowflake one for Etsy sales during the holidays and (dare I say "cute") Santa paper for family and friends.


I forgot to get tags though, so I figured...I have loads of matte paper and a circle cutter. I made them myself. I channeled my inner Martha Stewart.


The final products came out a lot like this. I've purchased most of the major gifts I'm giving people this year. Unfortunately I have yet to make any of the handmade things. I'm waiting on color preference and some extra cash to buy new yarn.

I'm really excited for what's under these wrappings. I'm definitely a sucker for Christmas. Come Thanksgiving (WHICH IS NEXT WEEK) I'll have the tree up in the apartment and be waking up to and constantly playing Christmas music. I'm one of those annoying people. This is just a post all about how I'm annoying.

Any other anti-procrastinators out there? Anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Me! Really. Actually, I'm a reformed procrastinator. When I was in high school, it was really bad, but never bad enough that my grades slipped. I always had stellar grades (if I may toot my own horn).

    When I started college, my parents basically threatened me that if my grades slipped, they'd pull me out of the dorm I was living in in the city and made me commute from home 2 hours every day to school.

    I was scared shitless and never procrastinated again. That's what happens when one is threatened with the Long Island Railroad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love the jolly santa on that wrapping paper- so cute! I am SO excited for Christmas- I'm listening to Christmas music right now! =)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anti-procrastination when it's something I like doing..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teach me your ways! Haha. I'm a huge procrastinator. Even when I have the best intentions of not procrastinating I find ways to still do it!

    That Jolly Santa paper is so cute! I've never been out to Darlington Farms, but I've heard a lot about it. I may have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete