Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kokomo Antique Mall

Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Last Saturday my mom, Becky and I took a little trip to Kokomo, Indiana for some early Christmas shopping (we aren't fans of crowds). We antiqued.


I pet this rug. It made me a little sad that this bear is immortalized as a truly terrible rug in an antique store that plays Elvis exclusively...


This place was jam packed with stuff. It was daunting, as most antique stores are. I didn't find anything of interest less than $150, so I left empty handed.


But not without being a little uncomfortable. Who would buy this doll? Please tell me if you would, because I would like to steer clear of you.


One of my favorite things to hunt for are old typewriters. I don't intend on buying anymore. My blue one is perfect and beautiful, but black Underwoods like this one make me swoon. And I hate the word swoon. Maybe if I have a brick and mortar shop one day I'll decorate a shelf with vintage typewriters and be that person. I like writing machines. But my favorite is my Macbook.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite writing machine is my Macbook too. It's my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also, must stop buying typewriters :P AND I agree, the Macbook is the greatest typing machine in my life (:

    ReplyDelete