Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011 Recap

Tuesday, November 1, 2011
As usual I took embarrassing pictures of Alex this year. He's sporting my Kiki headband (which I whipped up absolute last minute yesterday). When I showed him my handiwork he said "let's go" and pointed to his head. Which meant he wanted to wear it. He then pretended to object to pictures.


It's always a photo shoot. He was able to keep his concentration despite barking shih tzus next door.


I remember Halloween being an all-night thing. Also...it didn't start until the sun went down. In Indiana this year trick-or-treating started at 5:30 and lasted until 7:30. The sun was barely down by the end. So disappointing. Even though I had my last bout of trick-or-treating four years ago (yes, still too old then), I still feel like things should be the same.


My mom decided it was a good plan to give each kid two pieces and we'd run out of candy by 6. Not even 30 minutes into it and we're bone dry. I'll admit part of that could be due to my brothers and I eating a ton of it beforehand, but two pieces each?


I know I'll need to explain the next picture. Since I hadn't "dressed up" since my infamous catfish costume four years ago, I figured I might as well participate this year. I even had a relatively good idea. For those of you who don't know, Kiki's Delivery Service is a Ghibli movie about a witch...named Kiki...who has a delivery service. And it's awesome. So I was Kiki. Simple yet effective. However. I felt like I'd get pegged "Minnie Mouse" with the bow I made. I'm going to say this in capitals. Pretend it's a stern voice. I WAS NOT, NOR WOULD I EVER BE MINNIE MOUSE. I'm not that person.


I also felt like I neeeever posted any pictures of myself (and I know I like to know the face of the person whose blog I'm reading). There's a reason for that. I'm camera shy, and typically the person taking pictures. Well today I got ready a bit early and ...yes... Myspaced it up and took some images of myself. In front of a window. Shamefully hiding myself when a car would pull up. And look. I smiled. People in my life might deem you lucky. But I'll be damned if I look at the camera. It's terrifying. I was honestly looking at a man walking his dog across the parking lot. The dog wasn't even cute. I'm going to stop dissecting this image and end this post now.

Our Halloweens are never a really big deal. But I have a belly full of pizza and candy and feel a bit sick, so it was productive.

I hope everyone else's Halloweens were awesome!

4 comments:

  1. you are so cute. and i agree....when I was trick or treating, it was dark. like i swear, we got home around 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I stated in my most recent blog post (published about 5 minutes ago), I am a Halloween Scrooge because I haven't had a really good Halloween experience since I was a junior in high school. I just don't have the patience anymore. Oh well. You look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so cute don't be camera shy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME! Kiki's Delivery service has always been one of my favorite movies EVER!!!!!!!! I rented it once from Blockbuster, and then hid the vhs so we would have to pay for it and I could keep it forever!!! As soon as I saw the picture I got amazingly excited!! You did a great job! Don't be camera shy you deserve it!

    Spokhette

    ReplyDelete