Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Miniature Brother is 16

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
This past Sunday my family and I celebrated my little brother's sixteenth birthday. It's so bizarre to me that the annoying kid I used to hold and dress and bathe is now old enough to drive. Is that creepy? It's creepy. He has a beard.


My gift is the white box. I really should have gotten pictures of the card. I handmade it and was pretty proud. His main gift from my parents was a $100 pair of shoes. We're so different. I may have over 20 pairs of shoes, but none was more expensive than $50. Alex has a taste for the finer things in life I guess.


I love that I got his immediate reaction to my dad's card. He wrote a rap! And it was hilarious because he rapped it..in the restaurant. You can see the hand gesture he used in the bottom left corner. I got a video but don't think my dad wants it out on the internet. Let's just say my dad is a white man who enjoys Neil Young, biking, and documentaries.


After lunch we got ice cream at the mall where the infamous "angry mom" ad stands. Alex had never noticed it so I showed him and he insisted I get a picture of him next to it. He said "I can be the happy dad".

Happy birthday Alexander.

5 comments:

  1. This all made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Neil Young and documentaries, but not so much biking. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahaha such a cute post :) happy birthday to your brother!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post my son will be 16 next year ugh I can't believe it! I love Neil Young and I love that your dad wrote a rap!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I smiled so much since my baby brother just turned 16 yesterday too. They grow up so fast, I just can't believe that! Happy birthday to our brothers!

    ReplyDelete