Thursday, October 6, 2011

Meet the Two Tones

Thursday, October 6, 2011
Something I've decided I want to start doing is releasing products for 909 in collections. As a nail polish lover and a chronic organizer, I love "collections" of things. I love organizing things by pattern and color and idea and that's what realeasing collections will allow me to do. I'm going to officially start this in 2012, but have been calling all the items in this post "The Two Tones", so this is my unofficial first collection.


Basically all the items in the collection are thick crocheted with double yarn. Two toned. Clever name. Above are four infinity scarves I've been working on. I still haven't found a model, so I'm going to wait to release those until I get proper pictures.


Of course I made a few iPod Touch cases.



And a hat! In my textiles class in high school (where I learned to crochet) I attempted a hat and it was terrible. And I tried making hats after that and they never turned out right, so the hat above is a triumph. Granted it doesn't fit human heads...or at least not mine which Casey's been so lovingly calling "giant". I'm going to make more! Just in time for winter.

I have other winter-related crochets in the works as well. Head-wraps, fingerless gloves and maybe even legwarmers/boot-socks.

It's a pretty inappropriate day to announce this collection considering it's nearly 80 degrees in Fort Wayne today. BUT WINTER'S COMIN'.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the two-toned iPod cases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've never done anything like that before. Maybe when I learn to sew and start making tote bags I'll do collections.

    ReplyDelete