Monday, September 19, 2011

Johnny Appleseed Festival 2011

Monday, September 19, 2011
This past weekend was Johnny Appleseed weekend in Fort Wayne. It's where a bunch of people dress like pioneers and settlers and set up craft booths, antiques, and food. It's pretty great. Although I'm not one for crowds. And there are crowds.

Casey and I went early and met up with my family a little later. Pictured above are my dad and Becky, a close family friend.


One booth was selling potpourri in the shape of tiny pumpkins. I regret not getting pictures of the FOOD! Casey and I got caramel corn and chicken dumplings. I get the same stuff every year. The festival is famous for those things, sarsaparilla, ham and beans, cornbread, candy apples and fudge as well. It's kind of like a fall kickoff.


This is my younger brother Alex. I'll have everyone know I torture this kid with pictures. Every time I see him I take pictures. So this is him, getting a little annoyed.


The one and only picture I got of people...and Casey kind of ruined it. This obviously doesn't show much. I was horrible when it came to the pictures. They all turned out to be of Alex.

Maybe next year I'll do better. But other than a lack of pictures, it was an awesome time. And the weather was perfect.

In other news, I've been working on a lot of things for the craft shows I have coming up. I started making some scarves, which I'll add to the shop, but mostly I need to crochet and sew for the holiday craft shows. I NEED INVENTORY. So I'm kind of buried under a giant pile of fabric and yarn. And school a little.

Now I have to study for a test tomorrow...and listen to the insane rain that's pounding on the roof.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time! We had something like that back home in Ohio. It as always one of my favorite festivals for all the delicious apple foods! Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD. I wish I could have gone to that! I love those kinds of things. I guess I kind of did the same thing on Sunday, but since I was a vendor I couldn't really walk around the festival.

    ReplyDelete