Monday, September 12, 2011

Ben's 22

Monday, September 12, 2011
Mowgli's tongue makes me laugh when it sticks out in pictures like that.

September 12th: my older brother's birthday. He's 22 years old. Weird. Anyway, since I haven't posted much about him on this blog, I figure a little intro wouldn't hurt.

Benjamin Thomas Renz

{A beauty shot from the Renzmas pictures last year.}


My brother is and has always been two years older than me. We were pretty close when we were young and are close now (I won't get into the in-between times). He's the person who introduced me to a lot of the music I like, Arrested Development, Tim and Eric, Dave Eggers, etc. He once owned a pair of rollerblades and would jump off the curb and call himself a "daredev-uh" (how do you spell r-sound speech impediment words)?


{Cincinnati zoo. I must have taken 543,235 pictures of him that day.}


The first story my parents have of us is that Ben slapped my baby face when I came home from the hospital. Which is nice. The rest of the story doesn't stray too far. We collected Pokemon cards together, watched Good Burger and First Kid about a million times, went to "the creek" and pretended we were outdoorsy kids, played "Animorphs" in our neighborhood one night.


{Siblin's}


Ben used to love dinosaurs. He's kind of like Ross from Friends. In fact, my mom recently got him a set of dinosaur plush. Which he keeps in his room. Like a cool person.


{Being a man.}


Ben is actually the reason I met Casey. They worked a the same restaurant. I guess having an older brother is great for things like that.


{Being a man pt. 2}

Tonight I'm going to my parent's house for pizza and lemon bars and celebrating Ben's birthday. I'll make sure to bring my camera.

Happy birthday, Ben!

2 comments:

  1. Your relationship with your brother sounds almost exactly like my relationship with *my* older brother! Pokemon included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have siblings, but I do love lemon bars.

    ReplyDelete