Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trying to Simplify

Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Since moving out, I've realized I have a lot of stuff. I have a lot of shoes and yarn and notebooks and writing utensils and electronics and bookmarked websites and social networking websites and just too much stuff. And as someone who's really in to the whole "quality over quantity" thing, this is kind of a disconnect. Therefore, here starts another "Project". I'm going to start a "Project Minimal" sort of thing. The image above has nothing to do with anything, I just like the way these little Square Bear arms and legs looked, so I added it.

But I'm going to start a tag and each post will be devoted to before and after sort of things highlighting my various collections and things I need to tackle to become more organized and simplified. This is something I know will give me a fair amount of peace.

Today I went shopping with my mom and got some seriously amazing clothes for school and various other things. Marshalls was having a giant sale where there were tons of clothes for $3 and $5...three and five.

I got an Orla Kiely address book for $0.70. No joke. So my first task? Finally getting my contacts into an address book. I bought a Paperchase address book from Borders (RIP) when they were having those crazy sales and have yet to touch it. It's kind of a childish book, and the Orla one is so much fancier and "adult", so hopefully this will help with motivation. (Look at my naked nails. It's so unnatural.)

Also, Project Minimal will probably mean my Blog Sale will finally be updated, so watch that if you're in the market for an address book, nail polish, clothing, bags, iPods, etc.

Here goes! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about doing this for awhile as well. I just started cleaning up my twitter last night (i'm following..... who are these people?!!!) and my facebook is next! And then I will move on to.... my desk. *shudder* Goodluck! Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been slowly doing this for awhile. It feels good!

    breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first pictures IS really cool. I'm tempted to use it as my desktop background if that's alright. haha.

    Orla Kiely is amazing. Have you every checked out any of her gorgeous, amazingly expensive clothing? Modcloth had a dress of hers once and the clearance price was something like $450. But still, I was drooling over it.

    Good luck with the new project! I love to hear about everything organization-related. Also, I think I need to go to Marshall's... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cleaned out my room and got rid of a lot of garbage and things I just don't need anymore. I also turned over a new leaf of putting clothes away after I wear them...post on that coming soon (room tour). I just haven't had a chance. I had wanted to last night but then I cooked dinner with Tom at his house and drank too much wine.

    ReplyDelete