Monday, August 8, 2011

Project Minimal: Butt-Load of Buttons

Monday, August 8, 2011
Before: I had two plastic organizers full of antique shop buttons and buttons from new shirts. I'm not even a true user of buttons... The collecter in me loves them, though. I told myself I needed only one plastic organizer full of buttons I don't use. (I plan on using them for future iPod cases - which are still in the works, but I digress in parentheses as per usual.)
During: I was pushing buttons around and fishing for jewels in the midst of same-olds. I realized I'd made an ostrich head. It's no figure of the Virgin Mary, but I smiled at it.

The duds: I filled a bag and a half of give-aways. They're mostly the smaller and matchey and boring ones. I'll put them in the garage sale whenever we have another.

After: I succeeded in only choosing enough to fit in one case. And there's even room for more, so I overdid it. AND WILL NOT BUY BUTTONS. Even if the mason jar which cradles them looks really cool and only costs $5.


Next on the agenda? My closet. Oh...my closet.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, organization. my closet is on my agenda today too. It's pretty bad and I'm a little scared...

    http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My closet is next too. Last night, I queued a room tour post for today! It goes along with the Project Minimal theme, except I haven't really minimalized that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just saw my blog at the bottom of the page here! You're so great. We're so great together.

    ReplyDelete