Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Five (Vol. 12)

Friday, August 12, 2011
This week went really quickly. But looking back, a lot happened. Though nothing life-changing, definitely Friday Five-worthy.


+I completed Version Two of my cosmetic cases.+

Though I have a few new kinks (as I mentioned on Tumblr), I improved a lot since the first version. I even ordered a bunch of YKK zippers from Zipit on Etsy. Super good prices and she shipped them out so quickly. Definitely pleased thus far.



+Fabric that Lauren from Gamine sent me.+

She wanted a custom cosmetics case, and ended up sending a beautiful card and truly amazing extra fabric. I can't wait to use these. Thanks again, Lauren!



+An evolution chart of the new iPod cases.+

They obviously still need refinement, but have come a loooong way since my very first one. I don't even have a picture of those, but I distinctly remember. Anyway, I added a ribbed top to them for extra protection and think it looks like a little sock now. No, I don't want to make socks.


+This blog. And this post in particular.+

I found this blog through a thread I started awhile ago on Etsy and loved it. I'm not usually one for photography blogs, but this one is seriously note-worthy.


+The fact that I'm going to Mishawaka tomorrow.+

I need a good mini-vacation. I get to go shopping with my mom and Becky. She deserves an into considering she'll probably pop up quite a bit. Becky is my mom's best friend and basically an aunt to my brothers and I...much closer to us than any of our blood relatives. She's with us on Christmas and Easter and birthdays. She's an amazing artist with the coolest house and garden. She has an amazing eye for things and thus, my mom and I love her as a shopping companion. The three of us like thrifting and zoo-going. So I'm excited for tomorrow.

"That's all I have to say about that." -Forrest Gump

4 comments:

  1. i love the first one! and yay for mini vacations!

    http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to learn how to make tote bags. I want to buy all those zippers just because they look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so welcome!

    Looove the new ipod cases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am kissing your face from afar, thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete