Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cosmetic Bag Success

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
So yesterday I made that list of things I needed to make and do. I kind of procrastinated the sewing part because I knew my last cosmetic bag wasn't up to par and I really wanted to finish Lauren's request before too long.
So I lugged out all my stuff, made my sewing mess and made V3 cosmetic case. And. It. Is. Perfect. (I'm going to gloat about it.) I'm really proud of it.

So I got up the courage to make Lauren's too. And it turned out pretty much the same.



I love the fabric she sent me for the inside. And that's basically it! I'm going to list both cases on Etsy now. The rose one is up for grabs for anyone and obviously Lauren's is for Lauren. Not sure where I'll price the rose one. These take a hell of a lot more time to make than the pencil cases.

I'm going to stop rambling and end this post. Expect more cosmetic bags in the future!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful!
    The first one is my favorite. I'm totally a sucker for floral fabrics that look like they belong on a couch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love love it! Heading on over to Etsy right now........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. I'm loving that first cosmetic bag! It looks so well-finished!

    <3 Linda
    Ps. I will get to your email soon! I'm terrible at responding immediately, haha. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to learn how to sew. The things I would make...

    These are great! I hope they sell, and your photos are flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! i might be buying one of these soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooow great craftsmanship! I JUST learned how to do a pencil pouch and was very proud, so go ahead and gloat lady! Yours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete