Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 2011 Revisited

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wasn't totally sure how I'd do the end of the month posts, but I know I like knowing if people have accomplished their goals, so if it's bolded, then I did. If not, I probably have excuses lined up.

What I expected:
  • A full weekend with Casey for Independence day. He's taking Tuesday off so we can stay out late.
  • A family reunion on the 9th to celebrate my aunt and uncle's anniversary.
  • The last full month of summer vacation before my second year of college.
  • The last Harry Potter movie, which I will no doubt see at midnight.

What I hoped to accomplish:
  • Finish reading the whole Harry Potter series before the movie comes out. (I'm running behind!)
  • Inch closer to my 100 sales goal for 2011 (just 15 more!)
  • Take a mini-vacation out of town.
  • Spend more time outside.
  • "Spring" clean my room, get rid of junk I don't use and clothes I don't wear.

Okay, so I didn't spend a whole lot of time outside... It reached 100 degrees here in the midwest and we all died. People were baking cookies in their car windows on the news. Those are the sorts of things Hoosiers do with their lives.

I think I did pretty well considering. I've made 94 sales since 2011 started. I'm totally flabbergasted. My goal for the whole year was 100...and it's only the end of July. I still have Christmas season. Totally floored.

PLUS: I definitely moved out of my parents' house. So weird. But I'm in an apartment with Casey and loving it. That's definitely a notable July occurrence. AND today Casey shaved his beard... It's 100% weird. I've seen him without a beard one other time and it was just odd. I'll definitely post befores and afters. We're going to a family cookout later today so I'll be sure to bring my camera.

Anyway, I'll have a fresh August 2011 post tomorrow. A brand spanking list of goals and expectations. I also have an exciting new product to share with you guys. So excited about how this one turned out, but I think I need to space my posts a little more. I get too gung-ho and post too many things in a day. So expect an "Introducing..." post soon as well as Square Bear updates. I've been turning those out and I'm really liking how they look.

I hope everyone else had a successful yet relaxing July and is as excited for August as I am. (Not for the heat or school, but because it means we're closer to fall, which I love.)

Happy end of July, everyone!

1 comment: