Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Introducing... Vol. 4

Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Last weekend while I was watching TV with Casey I decided my DSi XL needed a new case (by new I mean A CASE...I'd never made one for it). I didn't want to use the same old pattern, so I started something new. And thus, the new slimmer iPod case was born. The case on the left is the overweight "before". The case on the right is the new one, but the pattern presents a problem. It makes it much more difficult to sew felt images on the front. So I got the idea to make a little pin for the front. While I'm not a huge fan of how this Slytherin one turned out, I'm going to keep trying until it looks right.

Here's another example of how the new case looks next to the older version.

I whipped up myself a pink one because my old case was getting pretty grimy.

I've got a lot of plans for more cases and will add a few to the shop in time.

And since almost all of the Square Bears were sold (even though they trickled out slowly), I think I'll make more. I chose some color combinations last night and am excited to recreate them, so expect some new ones!

Other than that, I've been really busy with packing and shopping for the apartment. The official move date is Saturday July 23rd, so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Today's dreary weather isn't helping much (for the pictures above or otherwise).

Tell me what you think of the new design! I'd love to hear others' thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I adore the new design, even though I never saw a old one in person. You made yarn look sleek, and that is impressive.

    Also, the Square Bears are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig! Is the stitch different? Also...will a post about your new apartment be coming soon? Are you moving in with Casey? Jealous if you are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be posting about my apartment! And most importantly my workspace - that was a good idea you had. And yes with Casey! I'm so excited to be OUT. OF. MY. HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete