Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Five (Vol. 4)

Friday, June 17, 2011
Since I feel bogged down with a lot on my to-do list, I figured my Friday Five could highlight the things I have accomplished this week and thus have checked from my list.

1. I finished Goblet of Fire and have started Order of the Phoenix. For those of you who don't know, one of my resolutions/goals for 2011 is to re-read all the Harry Potter books before the last movie comes out. Obviously I'm ages behind, but finishing the fourth feels good nonetheless and I plan on getting a lot of reading done next week when it's stormy and disgusting outside.


2. I managed to organize my bedroom in a way I don't already feel like changing up. I'm horrible when it comes to this. I'm never truly satisfied with how my room looks. I'm a clean freak and organize until I've driven myself mad. So having it set in a way I feel it'll stay for some time is an accomplishment to me.
3. I made-over this blog! I was kind of dissatisfied with how it was set up before this. I wanted a banner and was too impatient to wait for the one Alice will eventually draw me, so I made a simple one to install for now. I think it looks a little cleaner and I'm happy I finished that up.
4. I made a new Etsy banner. It's incredibly simple (as all of mine are), because Etsy loves making banners looks HORRIBLY pixelated. So the simpler, the better. I like changing mine up way too much. I kind of like to change it with the months. And June makes me think of purple.
5. I finished all the Hogwarts-inspired pencil cases! I love how they look and will have them on Etsy within the next week. My favorite is Hufflepuff, despite never having been a fan of Hufflepuff.
Next on the agenda is patterned pencil cases, a few new crocheted patterns I'm going to try out, a plush bear for my cousin's birthday coming up, and maybe a swim to cool off. It's beautiful out today and I haven't got plans to be anywhere, so I might as well. I'm just going to take one thing at a time. And watch a lot of movies while I work. So far I've gotten through two.

Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I definitely dig the new banners and pencil cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom is soooo organized!! I don't think I'll ever manage to do the same with mine...
    I also wanted to re-read all the HP books before the movie comes out, but since I've read all of them a couple of times and haven't seen a single movie... watching all the movies sounds easier. :)
    Have a wonderful week!
    xxx,
    Lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. eee!! LOVEEE HP!!!! :D
    I can't wait for the last movie/I'm so sad it's all gonna be over!

    ReplyDelete