Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Suddenly Motivated

Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Two days ago I posted an image of this wire basket on my Tumblr. I made a goal for myself to fill this sucker up with new cases by the end of the week. I've made a bit of progress, but recent events have made me kind of hesitant to make many more iPod Touch cases considering I have 105,607,365,476,247,835 in the shop and they aren't really selling as quickly as they did near Christmas. But I'm still adding to it and trying to stay motivated with my tried and true products.

As for these turds: I've also been practicing amigurumi crochet. I've always been attracted to how those little things look, got a couple books for Christmas, and have tried my own patterns and quickly given up due to frustration. But today I've decided I'm not stopping 'til I produce a little amigurumi teddy bear. These are his little turd arms. But I will most definitely post a picture of the finished product, no matter how homely he looks.

I stayed up until 5 a.m. this morning drawing up bag patterns and making shopping lists for things I'll need to make purses, totes, etc. I'm really excited for the things I've come up with while simultaneously hesitant to go shopping considering I've spent WAY too much in May already. But you have to spend money to make money.

I also got this new desk chair! While this has next to nothing to do with handmaking (besides the fact that I typically crochet in it now), I'm really excited to finally have a chair with a back and arms instead of a stool that was ruining my back and thus my life.

Other than that I've been seeing a lot of friends lately, which has been wonderful. I've been staying out late and feeling less like a hermit than I've felt in a long time. So I'm keeping my head up after the big jobless upset and trying to expand my shop is really exciting to me. So there's that. I'm also starting a new project which I'll post about later and will have it's own weekly post to motivate me. Mysterious.

Hooray hump day. (I've forever hated that phrase... it just doesn't sound anything like what it means.)

-Kirsten (or Kisten - to the idiot at Arby's who thinks Kisten sounds like a human name)

1 comment: