Thursday, May 19, 2011

Project Knit (Week 1)

Thursday, May 19, 2011
I've been battling with knitting for a long time now. I've been crocheting since sophomore year in high school and (sorry crochet) have always thought knitting looked cleaner and faster and have heard it uses less yarn. I have tried and failed and given up on knitting maybe two dozen times and now that I'm making myself do all these things (start a blog, make a better variety of Etsy products, and make my own beauty products) I figured, why not make myself learn to knit? So Project Knit was born. Each week (probably on Wednesdays) I'll post a picture of my knitting. I've "cast on" 30 stitches to my favorite pair of needles. Each day I'm going to do two lines of knitting. So each weekly installment of Project Knit will have 14 new rows and HOPEFULLY show progress.

I thought having to post an image on the internet would motivate me. So here is the first row. Pretty...whatever. I always give up around row 5-6 because I drop stitches or it just looks like bunk. I'm not sure how long I'll be doing this, but one step at a time for now.

I'll be posting a new Friday Five tomorrow! This week is going so fast.

-Kirsten

3 comments:

  1. Funny; I've struggled learning crocheting SO much more than knitting. Once you learn to cast on, there's only two stitches (which is really just the same stitch "reversed"). The key for me was switching from "English" to "Continental" methods, and YouTube videos, along with the Stitch and Bitch books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see the progress. Those knitters are pretty intense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I crochet. I didn't learn how to knit until My freshman year in college. It does look awfully intimidating, but like Eliz.erazo said, once you get those two stitches down, its pretty much smooth sailing from then on. Now, I haven't quite gotten to the point of making anything circular. So don't quote me on the easiness yet.

    azucarwings.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete